Part of the community since 1992
Every Woman’s Life (EWL)
EWL, the Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program, is a grant-funded initiative sponsored by the Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Chesapeake Care provides a comprehensive Diabetes Education Program for patients with Type I and Type II Diabetes. This program enables patients to participate fully in their own care by utilizing proven self management strategies.
The program includes:
- Individual and group medical appointments
- Individual and group education on managing diabetes from all aspects
- Consistent laboratory studies
- Regular glucose level monitoring at home
- Yearly podiatry and ophthalmology appointments
- Yearly immunizations
- Nutrition counseling
- Dental care
- Other specialty care as needed
- Insulin and other diabetic medications, glucometers and test strips
Special Services: (Available onsite at the Clinic)
- Finger stick laboratory procedures
- Glaucoma screening
- Minor surgical procedures
- Sample medications
- Health education resources
Laboratory and Diagnostic Testing Services (Offsite at other facilities)
Through the generosity of Chesapeake Regional Medical Center, Sentara and other facilities, Chesapeake Care provides diagnostic, laboratory and cytology testing and procedures.
Referral / Consultation Services
Many individual specialty care providers in the community regularly donate services to Chesapeake Care patients. The list of services includes surgery, cardiology, chiropractic, dermatology, gastroenterology, gynecology, infectious disease, nephrology, neurology, oncology, hematology-oncology, radiation oncology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pain management, otology, physical therapy, podiatry, pulmonology, and urology.